Sunday, September 5, 2010

My first ten miler!

Ten miles- the distance between my old home in Delhi to my old school two times over, distance to India International Center, to my moms old school and back 5 times over, to Qutub Minar and back 3 times over-some of my the thoughts that crossed my mind as I completed my first 10 miler on foot.

I now seriously think i have a chance to complete a half marathon some time and though I don't to burden myself with unrealistic expectations, I would like to accomplish this within this calendar year.

1 hour 43 minutes 27 seconds is what it took... though putting a number to it doesn't do the justice to the efforts of the past 6-7 months which have included countless hours at the gym (sometimes on weekends as well), saying no to family friends on numerous occasions so as to not miss a training session, giving up leisure reading almost completely for the want of time, leading a disciplined life in all aspects- food, sleep, relaxation etc.

This run was also special as I covered 10 kms in under 60 minutes.

I now find myself amidst unchartered waters... having broken the 10 mile barrier, where should I be headed now? I have the half-marathon in sight but only time will tell where I actually end up!

Till such time, I am enjoying every step that I run and every calorie that I burn.

No comments:

Post a Comment