Sunday, January 9, 2011

Happy New Year!

Its 2011 already and I haven't written anything in a while about my running. I am running though not so regularly as before. Partly due to the cold and partly due to the fact that I have added other forms of exercise like weight training and yoga to my exercise regime.

Like I mentioned earlier, now I want to use my brains to run better. And I have been doing my part in this regard- I have been reading a whole host of literature on running, exercising, yoga, eating well.

I believe every year should have a special theme. This year is for me is about finding the balance which may mean that I may have to cut on my quantity of running. This however doesn't mean that I have to compromise on the quality of my running experience. This year I will run with the goal of being healthier and fitter.

Last year I had a lot of time so I could afford running a couple of hours 5 times a day. This may not always be possible. So this year I will try to concentrate on quality workouts.

What exactly is a quality workout? No one can answer this for me. And I think the majority of my time (spent in exercising) will be about finding the clues to this question. I know where I want to reach- a state when a workout is an uplifting experience- physically, mentally and spiritually.

The running will definitely be important- though it wont be the end but rather the means to a different and almost utopian end.


No comments:

Post a Comment