Sunday, November 21, 2010

I did it!

I ran my first half marathon- the McDonald's Half Marathon- finished in a time of 1hr 58 mins. Mission for 2010 accomplished. This is not a time to rest on my laurels but to prepare for the long road ahead. Completing the half marathon has given me the confidence that I can go even further.The logical graduation from a half marathon is the marathon itself-26.2 miles of sweat, fatigue, self inflicted pain and tears. I don't know whether I am ready for it now but i know that I am going to start preparing for this target. I don't know yet when I want to tackle the marathon but sometime in late 2011 would be nice.

The last 5 odd months of running has been largely driven by body and my emotions. I have realized that i haven't used my brain as much as I can. Sure I have used my mind but not my brain- as I run more and more, I have started appreciating the subtle difference- the difference that I can feel but I cannot put down in words.

Going forward in addition to running, I have decided to add weight training, yoga (including pranayama) and proper diet to my list of daily tasks.

I will be putting up snaps of the event and my experience of running my first half marathon soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment